Thursday, October 28, 2010

Here we go again

I havent post recently, not because I'm not drawing/painting, I'm still. But mainly because I'm going thru a big change in my life at the moment. Things weren't working well at my job, so I resigned, ending an 11 years at Ubisoft, feels a lifetime. When I joined, I was single, no kid, clueless about art in general. I'm now married, 2 kids, lived in 4 differents country, slightly less clueless about art. I had good times at Ubisoft, learned a lot and met great peoples. But in order to continue to grow in the direction I want, I had to resign. In a few weeks I'll be relocating to Shanghai, for EA. Looking forward to it :) Shanghai has some of the best masters of chinese painting & sumi-e I'll sure join some classes there and pratice the oriental brushworks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always a hard decision - leaving a great company to pursue more artistic challenge. Good luck with the move and I'm sure it'll be a great city for art!

Unknown said...

Yeah indeed, Shanghai got terrific views, I'll try to practice cityscape, with strong atmosphere and dramatic lighting. Painting in winter is kinda hard tho, the paper doesn't dry out. The local people are very curious too, I always get a crowd when I pull out my easel. Ha!